Saturday, March 20, 2010

Graciemag News

Some news from Graciemag.com:


Gabrielle signed up for Pan and heading to Abu Dhabi

by Carlos Eduardo Ozório — March 19, 2010.

Gabrielle in action against Diana. Photo: Carlos Ozorio

Gabrielle Garcia didn’t offer her opponents in the over 63kg division of the World Pro tryouts in Gramado a chance. The Alliance representative showed a lot of grit and, after beating Diana Menezes in the final, with a takedown, provoked the opposing cheering section by beating her chest at them. The impression she left of being one mean fighter was not the same she left in her post-victory interview. A true lady with a kind heart, Gabrielle remarked on her campaign to GRACIEMAG.com:

“I had three matches. I got the finish in the first in 15 seconds, in the second it took 50 and I won the final against Diana, who is Brazilian National champion at black belt. I had been training a lot and was really confident. Now I have to train even more to win in Abu Dhabi.”

However, before the event in the United Arab Emirates, Garcia has another commitment scheduled. The brown belt will compete on the mats in Irvine, California, where the Pan-American Championship is to be held. To come out on top yet again, she is relying on the help of the “General”.

“My training will carry on as always: I’m doing some special work with Fabio, who’s polishing up my game. I’m also continuing the physical conditioning work, sticking with the same training regimen. Only the focus now changes, because I’m going to compete first at the Pan-American and my head will be on that. Only then will I think about the World Pro, which I want very much to win, as well.

Her large build leads one to believe she may have some interest in fighting MMA. But, for the time being, traditional Jiu-Jitsu is her greater calling.

“If things continue as they have, with professional prospects, I won’t be thinking about MMA so soon. I want to stick with Jiu-Jitsu, showing what I do. What I really like doing is fighting in the gi. But if a good offer comes up some time down the road, there’s nothing to prevent me from entertaining it,” she says in finishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment