Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Graciemag Loves Sergio

























More news from Graciemag.com:

Sergio Moraes celebrates win and issues challenge

by Carlos Eduardo Ozório — March 23, 2010.

After suffering his first setback in MMA against Brett Cooper, Sergio Moraes made a comeback and using Jiu-Jitsu, the style in which he is world champion, he made quick work of Etoube Manuelo at Jungle Fight. All set for the Jiu-Jitsu Pan-American, the black belt comments on his comeback:

“For me it was great. I really needed this win. I stopped to analyze my last fight, when I lost, and was in too much of a hurry to finish. I had my money on getting a quick finish and I prepared for the, since I took one fight right after another. A lot of folks said I underestimated my opponent, but I never do. That’s never what goes on in my head. I just plain got tired and was just trying to survive. I ended up suffering my first loss. ”

“This time I corrected my mistakes and I was well prepared, in great shape. If the fight had gone 10 rounds, I’d have fought fine in all of them. But, thank God, it was over in the first. So it was a very important victory, which I entered focused, without losing positions. I did Jiu-Jitsu and the finish came quickly,” he added.

Few fighters can compete at the highest level in two styles. In Sergio’s case, the results are coming in both Jiu-Jitsu and MMA.

“My training is always based on the gi. I hardly train without the gi, of course. My focus is always Jiu-Jitsu. I’m going to do the Pan forcinha and we’ll see how it goes. I can reconcile the two (MMA and Jiu-Jitsu). Any fighter in MMA has to train ground fighting, so there’s a way to do both.”

In addition to the Pan, the Alliance rep also intends to go to the World Pro in Abu Dhabi. But his main focus is the IBJJF World Championship.

“I want a sponsor so I can go to the World Pro, if it isn’t too much. Incidentally, if someone wants to lend us a hand, the message is out there! I’m trained and ready to fight. Whatever comes up I’ll do, of course always focusing on the Worlds every year. ”

Serginho is also awaiting a call up from Bellator, where he should be in action soon. In the mean time, he carries on training at Alliance, in Sao Paulo, alongside the “General” Fabio Gurgel. With a natural inclination to take on challenges, the fighter just issued a challenge to the GRACIEMAG.com reporter:

“Let’s see if we can meet to play Playstation. Let’s see if you’re good at eleven (soccer)! In fact, I’m winning eleven professional, more than I am a fighter!” he chides, without knowing he was speaking to the champion of the game!

Watch out, Serginho!

No comments:

Post a Comment