Friday, February 26, 2010

Michael Langhi confirmed for Jiu-Jitsu Pan










Some news from the Gracie Mag Website:

Winner of all the important competitions he was in in 2009, Michael Langhi kicked off the current season successfully, winning the European Jiu-Jitsu Championship, after closing out the lightweight division with Alliance teammate Lucas Lepri. The black belt already has his next challenge in sights.

“I’m going to compete at the Pan-American for sure. My expectations are be best possible and, God willing, it will all work out,” Langhi told GRACIEMAG.com.

The fighter is still in Europe, reaping the rewards of his great results.

“I’m holding some seminars here in Finland. I came here after the European and I’ll be here for two more weeks. After that, I’ll head back to Brazil, where I’ll have three weeks to finish training for the Pan,” he says.

Meanwhile, the Fabio Gurgel student keeps hard at training is pursuit of another good appearance in California.

“Training is going strong here. I have great training partners, the guys are strong and really good technically. I’ve been training twice a day and without the gi as well. My physical conditioning coach, Edson Ramalho, always sends me my routine and tells me what to do and how I should train, using the Studio Personal method, which has been working out really well for me. Also here in Finland are Bruno Malfacine, Alex Monsalve and Bernardo Augusto, so we train together whenever possible. For sure we’ll be in great shape for the Pan and I’ll still have three weeks to iron out my game in Brazil. Training with these Finns here, I’ll be stronger than ever, because you have no idea how strong they are (laughs)!:

On the Old Continent, Langhi is keeping up with the Gentle Art’s evolution. The fighter is impressed by the level of Ju-Jitsu around those parts.

“There is surely a huge evolution going on in Europe. We could see that at the European Championship, with lots of good athletes here. In Finland, for example, the guys are physically really well prepared. That’s how Finnish people are, they are very strong and train the whole day if you let them. You’ll hear a lot about the folks from here,” he says in finishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment